“In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.”—Psalm 86:7
When we spot trouble—crimes, fires, car accidents—we call 911 for emergency help. We are confident when we dial 911 that the call will be answered. Help is on its way. In the same manner, you have a hotline to heaven. God’s phone line is never busy, you never get put on hold, and you never get his voice mail. He has a cell phone plan where you get free minutes, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. You can talk to God any time—day or night. And his answers are always available in his Word.
Rosa took a wrong turn on the way home, and suddenly she was biking through a creepy neighborhood she didn’t recognize. She was scared! Lyndsey went to pay for her hamburger and discovered her purse was empty. What should she do? Anna came home from vacation to find that her best friend had a new best friend. Who could Anna talk to?
They all need to dial God for help. If YOU need help, try these “Emergency Numbers”:
• When you’re in danger, call Psalm 91.
• When God seems far away, call Psalm 139.
• When you’re lonely and fearful, call Psalm 23.
• When you need peace and rest, call Matthew 11:28–30.
• When you need courage for a task, call Joshua 1.
• If you’re depressed, call Psalm 27.
• If your wallet and piggy bank are empty, call Psalm 37.
• When feeling sadness or sorrow, call John 14.
• When you need forgiveness, call Psalm 51.
• If you’re worried, call Matthew 6:25–34.
We all need help sometimes. You can always pray, and you can go to God’s Word. God promises to meet your needs. So give God a call!
Did You Know . . .
that David praised God for the way he was created? “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made” (see Psalm 139:13–14 NIV). God did so much just to make you! You can trust him with anything!
Now that you know you can talk to God about anything, who can help you find answers in the Bible? Who can support you as you work on getting closer to God?
“Lord, thank you for the Bible and for loved ones who can help me. Thank you for always being there for me. I love you! Amen.”