On those busy school days when the kids need a snack, be ready to deliver with a super easy version of the old classic, Chex Mix!
3 cups Corn Chex cereal
3 cups Rice Chex cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
3 cups Cheerios cereal
3 cups pretzel sticks
1 can mixed nuts
1 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• Mix all three Chex cereals, Cheerios cereal, pretzel sticks, and mixed nuts in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
• Whisk together vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder and pour over cereal mixture. Mix well.
• Cook uncovered on high for approximately 90 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Turn the slow cooker down to low and cook for an additional 20 minutes, again stirring frequently.
• Spread on a cookie sheet to cool.
For a gluten-free version, substitute pretzels for a gluten-free brand and swap the Wheat Chex for more gluten-free Rice Chex. Also switch out the cheerios for your favorite gluten-free O cereal.
Recipe source: momswithcrockpots.com