Who says Valentine’s Day is only for sweethearts? This year, make the holiday a family affair. Here are some ideas for enjoying quality family time as you celebrate the month of love!
Make homemade valentine cards and personally hand them out around town—at the grocery store, the nursing home, Starbucks, anywhere there are people who need God’s love (which is pretty much everywhere!). Include Bible verses highlighting God’s love, such as Zephaniah 3:17, 1 John 4:7–8, and of course John 3:16, among others. Consider tucking a gospel tract into each card as well!
Brainstorm an acrostic of words to describe your family, using the letters VALENTINE. If you’re crafty, print or paint the acrostic to display on your table or mantel as part of your February home décor.
Valentine Marshmallow Pops
These little treats can double as an activity and a snack—win-win! Marshmallow pops are fun, easy, and surprisingly delicious. Besides, who doesn’t love a good excuse for sprinkles?
Dinner time is a great time to engage in meaningful conversation with the whole family. This Valentine’s Day, give your table talk a boost with these fun conversation starters.
- If you could wear only one Valentine’s Day color for the rest of your life (red, pink, white, purple) what color would you choose and why?
- Would you rather jump into a pit filled with candy hearts or marshmallows, and why?
- (Have the kids ask Dad): What three things do you love most about Mom?
- (Have the kids ask Mom): What three things do you love most about Dad?
- What is your favorite flower? Or your favorite chocolate treat?
- Valentine’s Day is all about love. 1 John 4:8 tells us, “God is love.” What are some ways we know God loves us? What are some ways we can show love to God?
- I Corinthians 14:3 says “Love is patient, love is kind.” What are some ways we can be more patient and kind to each other this week?
- What is your favorite love song or praise song about God’s love? Sing it for the whole family!
- If you were asked to spend $1,000 to bless someone with a Valentine’s Day gift, who would you choose and what would you give? Caveat: the recipient cannot be someone at the table!
However you choose to spend this Valentine’s Day, we at Faithgirlz wish you lots of LOVE and blessings!